Apply now: Sustainability Heroes Awards 2020
Sustainability managers, get ready: the Sustainability Heroes Awards 2020 are coming! The awards are a coveted recognition for companies that take up a pioneering role in the transition towards a more sustainable economy. The awards will be presented at the Sustainability Heroes Conference on May 12, 2020.
How it works
Companies can apply for the award in eight separate categories. These include sustainability innovation, carbon footprint, social responsibility, energy efficiency and water efficiency. For this year’s edition, two new categories have been added: diversity as well as circular economy. After submitting an application, the independent jury will evaluate each submission, using a set of criteria that is based upon the AA1000-standards.
Members of the Jury
- Patrick Bungard (Director of the Center for Advanced Sustainable Management of Cologne Business School and Managing Director of M3TRIX GmbH)
- Prof. Dr. Bettina Stoll (Professor for Social Management at the Fulda University of Applied Sciences)
- Dr. Peter Burauel (Head of Sustainable Campus at Forschungszentrum Jülich)
- Elisa Pohland (Head of Competence Center Sustainability at IHK Frankfurt)
- Dr. Sied Sadek (Managing Director of DQS CFS GmbH)
About the Sustainability Heroes Awards
The Sustainability Heroes Awards are a joint initiative of DQS and DGQ. After five years of being known as the German Awards for Excellence, they have been rebranded to Sustainability Heroes Awards in 2020. Past winners include ALDI Süd, Deutsche Post DHL and Eintracht Frankfurt.
More information and the application form are available on the Sustainability Heroes Award page.
Article by Dr. Thijs Willaert
Director Global Affairs & Sustainability, DQS CFS GmbH