ISO 28000 Security Management System for the Supply Chain
ISO 28000 is a security standard for all organizations that are part of a supply chain; starting with production, warehousing, distribution (to include the entire chain of transport by road, rail, sea, or air), all the way through to the recipient. With the implementation of a security management system according to ISO 28000, an organization improves reliability and security throughout the entire chain of supply. High-value merchandise or hazardous goods can be transported around the globe and stored more safely.
The standard is designed for organizations wanting to improve their safety processes in regards to prevention, implementation, traceability, and documentation. Furthermore, a security management system contributes significantly to increasing security awareness on all levels of the organization. Safety standards that have already been implemented (AEO, C-TPAT, TAPA, etc.) can be bundled into one comprehensive system according to ISO 28000. Internationally active organizations thus achieve faster, more cost-effective, and better documented processing of their day-to-day business.
Advantages and opportunities:
- Reduction of theft, vandalism, criminal acts, etc.
- Implementation of appropriate security measures, after an analysis of risk
- Increased security for value-generating processes (e.g. storage processes)
- Bundling of various international security initiatives (ISPS, AEO, TAPA, …)
- Improved customer confidence and less risk of liability
Improved Supply Chain Security with an accredited certificate to ISO 28000